You know you need to install insulation in your Little Rock, AR home or business, but how do you know whom to hire? This can be a tricky decision, and there’s no surefire way to be certain that the insulation company you hire will be as reputable and effective as it promises. However, there are several ways to narrow down your search and greatly lower your risk of hiring a dud.
As a company that sells and installs insulation in Little Rock, AR, we’ve heard plenty of customers say they wish they’d known to hire us years ago. We know it’s difficult to trust a lot of companies these days, which is why we want to help those in the market for insulation find the best contractors possible. Read on for tips on finding the best business for insulation in Little Rock, AR.
- Choose your insulation: Before you can narrow down your options for an insulation company, you should figure out which type of insulation you’ll be having installed. There are plenty of resources online to help you weigh the pros and cons of each choice. Some insulation companies specialize in only one or two types of insulation, so knowing which type you want will automatically help you in eliminating some businesses from consideration.
- Request certification: Don’t ever take for granted that any contractor is fully licensed and insured before you ask them and see proof with your own two eyes. If a contractor is reluctant or refuses to show you proof, that should be a red flag that they are not a reputable business. Thank them for their time and move on.
- Collect bids: If you don’t have anything with which to compare one contractor’s offer, then you have no idea if you’re getting a fair deal or not. Beyond just giving an estimated price, a proper bid should also give a time and labor estimate. To be on the safe side, you’ll want to ask for at least three bids before selecting your insulation contractor.
- Reviews and recommendations: Both online reviews and in-person recommendations can help you in starting or narrowing down your search, but as with any other matter, a person you know in real life is much more trustworthy than an anonymous online screen name. You can also ask your potential insulation contractor for references, but don’t rely solely on those.
- Aim for the middle: In the Little Rock, AR insulation business, there are two main mistakes potential customers tend to make: they either blindly select the cheapest option, or they go with the most expensive bid because they erroneously equate money with value. Eliminating the cheapest and most expensive contractors you find is usually a smart move.
- Trust your gut: An insulation contractor might meet all the above qualifications, but if you don’t feel comfortable talking to them, then you shouldn’t hire them. Keep in mind that an insulation contractor comes to your home, and you have every right to be picky about who you let inside your house. Trust your gut, and hold out for friendly service.