This winter is shaping up to be another cold one, and now more than ever it is important to have proper insulation in Little Rock, AR. In addition to this crucial measure, there are several other tricks and tips you can use to your advantage to keep your home nice and toasty without having to face exorbitant monthly heating bills. If you are looking for ways to save a bit of money without sacrificing your family’s comfort and safety, investing in insulation in Little Rock, AR and following these other useful pieces of advice is a good place to start:
- Use natural warmth: The sun is our planet’s natural heating system, and even if it is cold outside, natural sunlight coming in through your windows could help warm your home. Make sure your curtains are wide open during the sunniest time of day, so that you can capture as much natural warmth as possible.
- Cover windows: If your windows are outdated and fail to keep out drafty, cold wind, it is time to reinforce them. If you cannot afford to fully replace your windows at this time, try instead to reinforce them using thick, clear plastic or even tape. Remember, any little bit can help.
- Program your thermostat wisely: Most households have at least a few hours during the middle of the day when nobody is home. If you have a smart thermostat, program it to turn itself down or shut off completely during those few hours, so you are not wasting money on warmth that nobody is around to enjoy.
- Fill any cracks: Cracks underneath door frames, small holes in windows, leaks in your basement—all these small openings in your home can let a lot of cold in if you fail to properly cover them. Most cracks and holes can be easily sealed in a quick DIY project.
- Bundle up: Our homes tend to grow coldest in the nighttime, but that does not necessarily mean you will need to crank the heater up too high. Make sure each member of your family goes to bed with an extra warm blanket on cold nights. This simple effort can go a long way toward saving you money.
- Invest in heater maintenance: Heaters that have leaks, are clogged or are poorly lubricated need to work harder, meaning you might be running up your heating bill without even noticing it. Investing in routine heater maintenance will enable your heater to be as efficient as possible.
- Use insulation: Finally, all of the above tips are great, but the most effective way to keep your home warm without having a huge monthly heating bill is to invest in high quality insulation in Little Rock, AR.
If you are looking for a reliable, experienced and affordable local company to install residential insulation in Little Rock, AR, we hope you will consider trusting Harris Insulation with the job. We look forward to helping you stay warm this winter season!