Spray foam has become the insulation of choice among many homeowners and contractors. However, with the many costs that go into building or renovating a home, you may be wondering if installing spray foam is really worth it. After all, can one type of insulation really be that much better than another? The short answer is “yes.” Installing spray foam insulation in Little Rock, AR is definitely worth the cost, and here’s why:
- Spray foam is more energy efficient: Compared to other more traditional types of installation, spray foam is by far the most energy efficient. Spray foam provides a more solid seal than other types of insulation, which helps keep warm air in your home and cold air out during the winter (and vice versa for the summer), reducing your heating and cooling In fact, spray foam can help reduce your energy costs by up to 50 percent.
- Spray foam lasts longer: Spray foam is less likely than other types of insulation to deteriorate over time, which saves you the costs of having to repair your insulation or having to completely re-insulate parts of your home.
- Spray foam prevents mold growth: If you’ve ever experienced problems with mold before, you know how difficult and expensive it is to get rid of mold in your home. Spray foam is more effective at eliminating moisture buildup in your home, which helps prevent the growth of mold.
- Spray foam strengthens your walls: Spray foam can actually help strengthen both your exterior and interior walls. It acts as a solid extra layer to not only insulate your walls, but to help protect them as well. This extra layer of strength can actually help with the overall longevity of your home.
- Spray foam improves your HVAC performance: Spray foam is versatile enough to be used to insulate the duct work for your HVAC system. This insulation will improve the performance of your system, saving you money on heating and cooling costs for your home.
- Spray foam goes where other insulation can’t: Spray foam is actually easier to install than more traditional types of installation because it can literally be sprayed into areas in which it’s being applied. This allows it to be used more effectively in small or hard-to-reach areas that just cannot be insulated easily with other types of insulation.
- Spray foam increases the value of your home: Because of the many clear benefits of spray foam over more traditional types of insulation, homes with spray foam actually tend to sell at a higher market value, so spray foam will ultimately pay for itself in the long run.
Although spray foam may cost more upfront, it actually pays for itself in a short period of time in many ways. Spray foam reduces energy costs, lasts longer, prevents mold growth, strengthens your home, improves your HVAC performance and will even increase the selling value of your home. If you’re considering installing spray foam insulation in Little Rock, AR, trust us—it’s worth the cost. Get in touch with Harris Insulation for more information.