When it comes to protecting your home against the elements through the insulation that’s hidden behind your walls, it might not seem like there’s much of a difference—this couldn’t be further from the truth, however and it makes a great deal of difference when you’re faced with a material decision!
These days, any insulation contractor is going to tell you that foam insulation is the way to go, for a number of reasons. But, even within the foam insulation category, there’s a lot to think about that may sway you in favor of one material or another. Generally, it comes down to a closed cell option and open cell foam insulation in Little Rock, AR, with a good deal many homeowners investing in the latter to keep them comfortable in their homes.
What makes open cell foam such a great insulation option and why are more and more homeowners protecting their quality of life through this exceptional option? Take a look at some of the many amazing benefits it has to offer:
- Open cell insulation creates an air barrier that actually traps temperature controlled air inside of your home, while repelling external temperatures at the same time. As a result, the temperatures inside of your home stay consistent for longer, while intrusive external temperatures are kept in check better.
- There’s a certain vapor permeability associated with most types of spray foam and especially with open cell foam insulation in Little Rock, AR. This ensures that moisture isn’t allowed to build up inside the walls of your home, where mold, mildew and other growths can fester if left unchecked. Vapor permeability means no more nasty growths intruding on your living space!
- Let’s say that mold growth does take hold in your home somewhere, for any reason. Open cell foam insulation in Little Rock, AR will stop that mold growth where spores happen to land because this type of insulation cannot sustain organic growth at all! So, along with preventing mold and mildew growth outright, this insulation also stems the spread if it occurs elsewhere in your home.
- Sound dampening is a huge facet of open cell insulation that’s highly touted, especially in areas where external noise is prevalent. Sound waves are absorbed by the insulation and dramatically deadened so that you’re not disturbed while relaxing peacefully in your home.
- Finally, the cost of open cell insulation is extremely low, giving homeowners a huge return on their investment. Virtually anyone can afford this type of foam insulation for their homes and because of its tremendous value, it’ll serve optimally for years and years with little to no maintenance or replacement upkeep.
If the time has come for you to face an insulation installation, make sure that you’re examining your options thoroughly and picking out a material that’s going to lend itself to your home as best as possible. We’re certain that if you take the time to consider spray foam, open cell foam insulation in Little Rock, AR is going to be a huge contender for you.