If you’re in the market for insulation, then you might be overwhelmed with all the different choices you have. Each type of insulation has its own benefits and detriments, and the right choice will be different for different buildings and people. As an insulation company that sells and installs all types of insulation, we like to think we’re pretty unbiased when it comes to recommending which insulation materials people should choose.
With that in mind, we’ve decided to list the benefits of cellulose insulation in Little Rock, AR. We recognize that in Little Rock, AR, cellulose insulation isn’t the right choice for every household, but it does have many different factors going for it. Here are the six main reasons people choose to purchase and install cellulose insulation in Little Rock, AR.
- Recycled: If you’re interested in using an environmentally friendly insulation material, you can’t do much better than cellulose. On average, cellulose is made from about 75 percent recycled materials, while fiberglass, for instance, is only made from 35 percent recycled content on average.
- Efficient: Another environmental point in cellulose insulation’s favor: it’s highly energy efficient, both in manufacturing and in use. It takes 10 times the energy to produce fiberglass as it takes to make cellulose, and cellulose is generally better at keeping outside weather from affecting the inside of buildings. This means homeowners won’t need to rely on heating and air conditioning as much, which is another way in which cellulose insulation is one of the most efficient insulation choices.
- Healthy: In recent years, a lot of worry about the detrimental health affects of insulation has invaded our national mindset. You’re right to worry—many older forms of insulation, particularly those containing asbestos, are bad for both the environment and human health. Those concerned for their health would be smart to choose cellulose insulation, as no known health effects have been discovered with this material.
- Safe: Not only is cellulose safe for humans to be around, it’s also one of the safest options for the other materials in your home. Cellulose has been proven not to erode copper, aluminum or steel, making it a strong insulation choice for industrial spaces as well as residential buildings.
- Enduring: If you’re the kind of person who loathes home improvement projects, then cellulose is the insulation for you. Compared to other insulation like fiberglass, cellulose is proven to last and remain effective for a long time. It is also much less likely to decay or rot, and is not a welcoming environment for fungi or mold.
- Affordable: Finally, cellulose insulation is also a strong choice from a financial standpoint. The cost of purchasing materials and having them installed isn’t the cheapest option, but because cellulose is highly durable, energy efficient and benign, it will more than pay for itself over the years. If you want to save money in the long run, opt for installing cellulose insulation in your Little Rock, AR home, business or industrial space.