You already know that insulation works to keep your home nice and warm during the cold winter months. But did you realize that it also helps your home maintain a cool and consistent temperature during the summer season? When installed in your home, foam insulation in Little Rock, AR keeps the cold air produced by your air conditioner trapped indoors. Without it, you would quickly find yourself sweating as warm air fills your home and the cool air escapes outside. The heat is looking for a cool place during the warm summer months, which makes your home its prime target. It’s not enough to just have insulation, though. A poorly insulated home is practically an invitation for the heat to move through the walls and increase the indoor temperature.
Here are just a few reasons why insulation is so important during the summer months:
- Efficient cooling: The insulation throughout your home works to slow the transfer of heat in both directions. This means the heat is kept outside during the summer season. Your home will be able to cool itself more efficiently with the insulation, keeping the warm air outside where it belongs. With poor insulation, your air conditioner will have to work twice as hard to produce the same results.
- Improved system performance: Insulation keeps the conditioned air within your home. Because of this, your air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard to produce air to keep your home at a consistently cool temperature. This will reduce the amount of wear and tear your AC has to endure, which will reduce the likelihood of broken parts and the need for repairs. Additionally, adequate insulation could even help improve the lifespan of your air conditioner.
- Lower monthly energy bills: No one likes spending their hard-earned money on bills. Unfortunately, many homeowners pay much more than they need to on their monthly energy bill because they have insufficient home insulation. Having a professional check that your home’s insulation is sufficient could solve your problems.
- Better air quality: Have your allergies been bothering you worse than usual lately? Adding more insulation could help reduce your symptoms. Sufficient insulation can improve the indoor air quality by ensuring that pollutants and other allergens are unable to enter your home. Your sinuses will thank you!
- Comfort: Are certain parts of your home warmer than others? This may be caused by uneven foam insulation in Little Rock, AR. This uneven cooling and heating can make your home uncomfortable and place undue stress on your air conditioner as it works to cool the home evenly.
Even insulation throughout your home is key to keeping the temperature nice and comfortable all summer long. Let Harris Insulation help you stay cool this summer by installing new spray foam insulation in Little Rock, AR. Best of all, spray foam insulation can easily pay for itself within five years in reduced costs. To learn more about how spray foam insulation can help keep you from wasting your air conditioner, contact the top insulation contractors at Harris Insulation today!