Nobody likes spending an arm and a leg on their energy bill each month. That’s why you watch your thermostat like a hawk to ensure that the heat isn’t on too high in the winter and the air conditioning isn’t always running in the summer. But did you know that insulation in Little Rock, AR has just as much of an impact on saving money on your electric bill as watching the temperature inside? Insulation plays a key role in both heating and cooling your home. Keep reading to learn more about insulation’s role, and how our services can help you save money this winter:
- Insulation keeps cold air out: The first reason to install insulation in your home is to keep cold air out during the winter. A thick layer of insulation throughout your home will do wonders to block cold winds from penetrating your walls and making your home uncomfortable. If your home isn’t properly insulated, you’re going to have to crank the heat to stay warm and toasty inside. That’s going to make your electric bill skyrocket each month. Call today to schedule our services and stop that cold air from getting inside.
- Insulation keeps warm air in: It goes without saying that something’s wrong if you’re still chilly even though your furnace is running on full blast. If that’s the case, chances are, your home isn’t properly insulated. Insulation doesn’t just block cold air from coming in—it keeps warm air from flowing out. A new layer of insulation throughout your home will ensure your space stays comfortable without the need to turn the temperature all the way up. That’ll save you tons of money while ensuring you’re comfortable inside.
When you’re thinking about installing insulation in your home, you need to keep in mind the many places in which it might be installed. Common locations include:
- Walls: The walls in your home are the number one spot where you need insulation. Without the right insulation, heat will flow right out, and cold winds will come rushing in. Too little insulation will leave you uncomfortable inside, and it’ll guarantee that your heating bill is way too high this winter.
- Garage: If you have an attached garage, you’re going to want to be sure that it’s insulated this fall. Tons of energy is wasted each winter because air from inside flows right out of the walls in your garage. Give us a call right away to insulate your garage before you waste one more penny!
- Attic: You probably don’t go up to your attic very often, but the top layer of your home needs insulation just as much as the rest of your house. We all know that heat rises, and without a thick layer of insulation, that heat will escape through your roof and all you’ll be left with is discomfort and a high energy bill.
If you feel that your home is under-insulated, or if you don’t have any insulation in crucial parts of your home, give Harris Insulation a call! Our professionals will check to make sure you have the right amount of insulation in Little Rock, AR and correct the problem if you don’t.