You’re probably aware how insulation can affect your home’s comfort level and your utility bills, but did you know it can also affect your health? Research has shown that proper insulation can improve your health. The reverse is also true. Insulation in Little Rock, AR that is installed poorly can be harmful to your health.
This is why it is important to contact trained professionals to ensure your insulation is sufficient for your surroundings and appropriate for your setting. An expert will properly install insulation and help maintain a healthy environment for you and your family.
If you’re considering new insulation in Little Rock, AR, review the following health benefits gathered by researchers and industry professionals:
- Insulation improves interior health conditions: Insulated homes are drier. This helps prevent mold and mildew growth and provides healthier surroundings for residents of the home. In fact, homeowners with well-insulated homes have reported less visible mold in the house.
- Insulation makes homes warmer: Cold, drafty homes make for uncomfortable and unhealthy settings. It makes sense that keeping cold air out and warm air in makes your surroundings warmer. However, many homeowners are missing out on this effect due to missing or poor insulation.
- Insulation can reduce doctor visits: Those living in insulated houses have reported visiting their physician less often than those in poorly insulated homes. Research has revealed a significant improvement in self-reported health among those living in insulated homes.
- Insulation can reduce hospital visits: In addition to visiting their doctor less, those living in well-insulated homes have reported fewer visits to the hospital for respiratory conditions.
- Insulation can increase work and school performance: Researchers have found that adults living in insulated homes are less likely to call in sick to work, and children in these homes are less likely to miss school.
As you consider insulation in Little Rock, AR, it’s also important to consider the following dangers of improper installation:
- Improper installation can promote mold growth: If you or an installer do not properly spray, dry, ventilate or otherwise install the insulation correctly, you may inadvertently trap moisture in the walls, causing mold or mildew growth. The presence of this growth can be detrimental to your family’s health.
- Improper installation can cause chemical inhalation: Insulation must be installed using the appropriate tools and procedures. If chemicals are handled improperly, you or your family are in danger of inhaling hazardous materials.
- Improper installation can cause ineffective insulation: If an installer faces insulation the wrong direction, sprays improperly or in any way does not follow manufacturer specifications, the insulation will not have the desired effect. The home will remain inefficient, cold, drafty, open to the elements and hard on your family’s health.
With so many health advantages, new insulation in Little Rock, AR is a smart investment for any homeowner. Be sure to contact experienced professionals for proper care of your insulation. The expert team at Harris Insulation is available to discuss the best insulation solutions for your home. We will partner with you to enhance your surroundings for the healthiest environment possible for you and your loved ones.