Spring is here, and many homeowners are preparing to get spring cleaning over and done with before the warm weather settles in and vacations are taken. One thing homeowners often forget is to consider installing new insulation in the springtime. Even though your home may already have insulation, if it’s old or worn-down, you might need to replace it or add some more.
While insulation can be installed all year long, the spring season is the perfect time to install insulation in Little Rock, AR, especially if you noticed your heating bills skyrocket or your house was chilly over winter. When these issues are fresh in your mind, contact an insulation contractor and see what they can do to help improve the insulation in your home.
Here are some major benefits of installing insulation in the spring:
- Easy to schedule appointments: Most people begin to think about insulation in the dead of winter or during the heat of summer, so insulation contractors tend to see a lull in business around spring. This is the perfect time to call, because you won’t have to wait weeks or even months to get around to installing new insulation, meaning comfort is faster and easier to achieve!
- Safer and faster installation: Installing insulation in the winter can be dangerous and time-consuming because of the need to transport and handle materials. Summer and warmer weather makes it easier to get installation into places like the attic, which might be at a higher risk of cave-ins in the winter.
- Prepare for summer savings: When you get insulation installed in spring, your home will be all set to keep cool air inside for the entire duration of summer. That can result in very high cost savings for your home, since you’ll get to run your AC less and require less energy! Just a few additional months of cost savings can impact your return on investment.
- Enjoy additional comfort: Spring weather can be unpredictable, with warm temperatures during the day and steep drops at night. Insulation in Little Rock, AR can help keep air in your home and reduce drafts, keeping you comfortable throughout spring and into summer when the air finally gets turned on.
- Tax season alleviates cost: If you’re worried about the cost of insulation, having it installed in spring means you might be able to put some or all of your tax return toward the improvement! Insulation is a fantastic investment in your home and a good use of that “free money” that comes around in April for many families.
To learn more about insulation and how it can improve the value of your home, call the experts at Harris Insulation. We are longtime providers of home insulation in Little Rock, AR and have been assisting homeowners in installing and maintaining energy-efficient spray foam insulation for decades using the latest industry innovations. Call today to learn about our free energy analysis, which includes infrared camera scans, visual inspections, blower door tests and air sealing, and see if your home could use additional insulation.